Friday 11 July 2008

The City Of Angels

July 11 @ 7pm.  I'm in LA just over 1 day...and I'VE MAD IT!!! Not really...So what's happened?  Well, the flights over were fine...fuck, that's not interesting Karlos!  Write something witty and interesting!!!  Well, nothing has really happened yet!  Oh, i was in a gym today, on the 'cross-trainer' and Jeff Goldblum was 3 tredmills down from me!!!  Now THAT'S the type of shit people want to read about...OH YEAH! Jeff 'I always think alot before i say my line' Goldblum...Legend!

Okay, so back to how i got here...Dublin - Chicago (where i bought a plug adapter THAT DOESN'T FIT THE PLUGS IN THIS COUNTRY!!!) Chicago - LA (during this flight i got talkin to a cool guy who was on his way back from Kenya after doing some Irrigation work...selfish bastard!...and he gave me a lift from LAX right to the door of where i'm staying!  Good man Colin!  And he looks a bit like Dave Matthews...not that that has anything to do with anything, but just to give you a mental picture of this Modern Day Mother Theresa!)

The apartment i'm in is nice.  Very close to where i will be doing my course...oh yeah, i never mentioned WHY i'm actually here.  Acting course - there ya go!  Just incase your somebody who doesn't know who i am...i.e a nosey f*cker! ;-)  Anyway, my room is big.  Has an ensuite and a huge flat screen tv.  The girl i'm sharing with seems nice enough.  Not that i can say that about one of her cats - BABY!  The little shit hates me!  It actually attacked me yesterday...as in LEAPED at my ankles and tried to scrape me!!!  F*ckin' PSYCHO!!!  So anytime i'm here on my own 'BABY' goes into a room that i lock!!  Scrape me now ya...okay, that's enough swearing!  

So i'm just waiting on Gavin - another Irish guy on the course - never met him before, but he's here and i'm here, so we're going out for a few pints and check out the West Hollywood nightlife...i don't think we'll fit in though...2 guys, walkin around on their own, havin a few drinks!! (i'm being sarcastic by the way!)  It's a very 'colourful' area of LA...are ya with me or do i have to spell it out?!  Which reminds me, the gym today was feckin hilarious...here you have all these big, muscle bound, fit guys workin' out really hard, sweat pumping, veins popping and over the sound system we have Kylies Greatest f*ckin hits blaring out of it!!  I actually laughed outloud!

And on that note, i shall stop typing.  I am hungry.  More importantly, i am thirsty.  No doubt all i'll be able to get is some drink in a Martini glass with a sparkler and umberella in it...ah well, when in Rome and all that!

Slán
Karlos

No comments: